Mega Millions® is an exciting big Jackpot game that begins at an incredible $15,000,000 and then grows even larger from there. Drawings occur every Tuesday and Friday night.
Mega Millions Tickets cost $1 per play.
Mega Millions Tickets with Megaplier® cost $2 per play.
HOW TO PLAY
Playing Mega Millions is easy. Get started with a Mega Millions playslip. You can pick one up at any Maryland Lottery® retail location.
- Each playslip has five play areas or panels labeled A, B, C, D and E. You can play up to five Mega Millions plays on each playslip! Each play costs $1.
- A play consists of two fields. Select and mark five (5) numbers from 1 through 75 in the upper field and mark one Mega Ball number from 1 through 15 in the lower field. If you select too many or too few numbers, your playslip will be rejected. The use of mechanical, electronic, computer-generated, or any other non-manual method of marking playslips is prohibited.
- Make a heavy vertical mark through each number you choose. Use only pencil or blue or black ink. Red ink will not be accepted. If you make a mistake, mark the “VOID” box for that play, then use any remaining open plays to complete your selections. Please do not attempt to erase errors.
- If you want the terminal to randomly “Quick Pick” your numbers, mark the “QP5” box (for White Balls) and/or the “QP1” box (for the Mega Ball) for each play you want to purchase.
- Mark the Megaplier® box if you want to add the Megaplier option; that option adds $1.00 to each play, which doubles the amount you owe for your Ticket.
- Mega Millions drawings are held twice a week, on Tuesday and Friday nights. You can play the same numbers for 2, 3, 4, 5, 10 or 15 drawings in a row, including the next drawing, by marking the appropriate “NUMBER OF DRAWS” box. Multiply the number of drawings by the number of plays purchased to determine your cost. Double that amount if you play the Megaplier.
- Before you give your playslip to a Maryland Lottery retailer for processing, be sure to verify that the numbers selected on your playslip are the numbers you want to play. It is your responsibility to make sure your playslip represents the numbers you wish to play and the drawing(s) you want to enter.
MEGA MILLIONS TICKETS CANNOT BE CANCELLED OR VOIDED AFTER THEY HAVE BEEN PROCESSED.
- Tickets are only valid for the drawing date(s) shown on the Ticket. Sales for Mega Millions Tickets cut off approximately 15 minutes prior to the Mega Millions drawing. Sales for the next drawing start immediately following the cut off.
- You must be 18 years old or older to buy or cash Tickets.
HOW TO WIN
Every Tuesday and Friday night, five White Balls from 1 to 75 and one Mega Ball from 1 to 15 will be drawn. You win a prize by matching some or all of the numbers drawn, as shown in the Prize Structure.
There are nine ways to win Mega Millions prize money, depending on how many of your numbers match the numbers drawn. The Jackpot is pari-mutuel, so payment to each winner is determined by the number of winning plays for that particular draw. All other Mega Millions prizes are set ranging from $1 to $1,000,000*! (See * under Prize Structure) You may only win one prize category per panel, the highest prize won.
Increase your winnings for an extra $1 per play when you mark the Megaplier option on your playslip. Megaplier numbers are used to multiply non-Jackpot prizes won on the Mega Millions game immediately following the Megaplier drawing. Megaplier numbers are 2, 3, 4 and 5. For example, if you win $500 on Mega Millions and you played the Megaplier, and the Megaplier number drawn is 5, you multiply your winnings by 5 for a total winning amount of $2,500. The Megaplier number is randomly selected before each Mega Millions draw and will not appear on your Ticket. The Megaplier multiplier does not apply to the Jackpot prize. Click here to view Megaplier prize structure. Megaplier probabilities of winning are approximate.